Wonders never cease!

This forum is for discussing carp.
Moley
Perch

Wonders never cease!

Post by Moley » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:40 am

Southill 1300-1800hrs Yesterday. The Mole managed to scoff six mini Pork Pies whilst setting up his newly re-ringed Winfield Legerfisher 106 and freshly fettled Ambidex Deluxe......it seems to take longer and longer to set up nowadays; can't think why :Wink:

Much tea slurping didn't speed up the process either :Confused:

The rod, despite its name, has a nice softish action ideal for heavy float work. Also Fatty having refurbished the rod thought it an ideal opportunity to see if the rings were in the right place, as you never really know, until playing an angry fish on the end of your line :Hat:

The Ambidex Deluxe was sitting on the dining room table having been fettled by the Mole with a major bail arm repair. It too was crying out for a bit of exercise, so.........

What an inspired pairing with 4lb Maxima and 8g Waggler. Eight carp dropped the proverbial and came to see a Fat Mole.

The Leg-End meanwhile, was battling the elements and losing all the fish he hooked....no mustn't laugh. But to hear the language uttered by one so ancient and directed at the world in a Lear Like Litany does have the unfortunate effect upon the Mole of inducing uncontrollable hysterics :laugh1: made all the worse by trying to stifle them.

This little chap also dropped by and was very friendly, inspite of the ranting from the next swim.

The roach arrived en masse and drove away the carp. Lots wanted to see the Mole but only three made it to the bank as the rest fell off.

Finally Clive, the 1970's Carp God, managed to get a carp thus stopping the constant tirade of misery, to be replaced by an, almost, beatific smile of grace and calm.

Fatty nearly fell off his seat when the Ancient Mariner volunteered to buy the first round at the local hostelry, wonders never cease but also a clear demonstration of the beneficial after effects of a good fishing day :cheers:

Exit stage left; followed by a gimp :Hide:

As ever,..............

Moley
Say aye tae'a pie!

Duebel
Brown Trout

Re: Wonders never cease!

Post by Duebel » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:16 pm

I went to the theatre the other night and wasn't entertaint at all! The actors had one apple, which they not even managed to finish and not a single fish has been mentioned during the play.

Your report makes me think, I should have rather been watching you. Pies, tea and some nice carp and roach - I just love your reports!
Greetings from Bamberg
Martin

Lea Dweller
Arctic Char

Post by Lea Dweller » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:41 pm

As always, a really fun post Mole, well done!
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall!
Confucius

LuckyLuca
Zander

Post by LuckyLuca » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:24 pm

Lovely report as always Moley! Poor old Clive.

I have a Ledgerfisher and a Specimen Fisher languishing in storage. I really should take them out to the bank.
I walked across an empty land
I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
I felt the earth beneath my feet
Sat by the river and it made me complete.

GarryProcter
Arctic Char

Post by GarryProcter » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:39 pm

Well done indeed Moley - shame all those roach dropped off. Glad you didn't fall off your seat, otherwise it might have been another dunking, as last time:

Moley
Perch

Post by Moley » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:25 am

Please accept my sincere thanks to all who read and comment upon the madness that passes for the Mole Life :Hat:
GarryProcter wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:39 pm
Well done indeed Moley - shame all those roach dropped off. Glad you didn't fall off your seat, otherwise it might have been another dunking, as last time:
Thank you Garry but the dunking was avoided by not letting the wet net make the muddy bank slippy :clap:

The Mole may be slow to learn...but learn he does :Wink:
LuckyLuca wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:24 pm
I have a Ledgerfisher and a Specimen Fisher languishing in storage. I really should take them out to the bank.
You really should use them LL as these were the best rods Winfield sold. The glass is good quality and this very Mole, yep 'im, is led to believe that 1960's well known angler Michael Pritchard had a large say in the design.
Lea Dweller wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:41 pm
As always, a really fun post Mole, well done!
Fishing should be fun LD, according to Mole philosophy......if it ain't then it's being done wrong :Thumb:

A pie should be part of every anglers kit so far as Fatty is concerned and tea!
Duebel wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:16 pm
I went to the theatre the other night and wasn't entertaint at all! The actors had one apple, which they not even managed to finish and not a single fish has been mentioned during the play.

Your report makes me think, I should have rather been watching you. Pies, tea and some nice carp and roach - I just love your reports!
Many people watch the Mole's bankside antics......especially club officials, for some reason? :whistle:

Glad you enjoy the posts though.

As ever,....

Moley
Say aye tae'a pie!

Return to “Carp (Cyprinus carpio)”