The Observer's Book of Coarse Fishing by Peter Wheat.

Discuss all your fishing books & magazines here.
User avatar
Shaun Harrison
Rainbow Trout
Posts: 3205
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:34 pm
Location: Nottinghamshire/Derbyshire Border
Contact:

Re: The Observer's Book of Coarse Fishing by Peter Wheat.

Post by Shaun Harrison » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:56 pm

It would appear it was an inspiration to many of us. Here is my copy, one of the first angling books I owned.
Image
Guessing this was the cover you remembered Muskieman?

User avatar
Tonytoned
Silver Bream
Posts: 206
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:07 am
Location: Hampshire
Contact:

Re: The Observer's Book of Coarse Fishing by Peter Wheat.

Post by Tonytoned » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:20 pm

Shaun Harrison wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:56 pm
It would appear it was an inspiration to many of us. Here is my copy, one of the first angling books I owned.
Image
Guessing this was the cover you remembered Muskieman?
Look at those Perch. Great cover, what year was your copy published? Mine was 1977.

:read:

User avatar
Tonytoned
Silver Bream
Posts: 206
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:07 am
Location: Hampshire
Contact:

Re: The Observer's Book of Coarse Fishing by Peter Wheat.

Post by Tonytoned » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:23 pm

Ambrosia wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:58 pm
What a smashing book, I had a copy as a lad, it was the first fishing book I owned, bought for me by my lovely grandmother, and inscribed by her, for a birthday or Christmas I can't remember. It was in the pocket of my old fishing seat that got nicked from a mate's house some years ago, together with all my childhood gear! It's out there somewhere. So, if anyone has a copy if this book, with and inscription inside "to Jonathan from Nana Savory", let me know and maybe we can swap! Wow what a turn up that would be! :fish:
I love the Observer series and there is so much information in these little books. I will keep an eye out.

:Thumb:

User avatar
Shaun Harrison
Rainbow Trout
Posts: 3205
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:34 pm
Location: Nottinghamshire/Derbyshire Border
Contact:

Re: The Observer's Book of Coarse Fishing by Peter Wheat.

Post by Shaun Harrison » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:43 pm

Tonytoned wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:20 pm
Shaun Harrison wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:56 pm
It would appear it was an inspiration to many of us. Here is my copy, one of the first angling books I owned.
Image
Guessing this was the cover you remembered Muskieman?
Look at those Perch. Great cover, what year was your copy published? Mine was 1977.

:read:
Sorry can't see a first published date in it.

User avatar
Keston
Chub
Posts: 1170
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:48 pm
Location: Fareham

Re: The Observer's Book of Coarse Fishing by Peter Wheat.

Post by Keston » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:50 pm

My edition with the lad holding the two perch is dated 1976

User avatar
Tonytoned
Silver Bream
Posts: 206
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:07 am
Location: Hampshire
Contact:

Re: The Observer's Book of Coarse Fishing by Peter Wheat.

Post by Tonytoned » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:58 pm

Keston wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:50 pm
My edition with the lad holding the two perch is dated 1976
Will look out for that one Keston with its dust cover. :holmes:
Last edited by Tonytoned on Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Tonytoned
Silver Bream
Posts: 206
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:07 am
Location: Hampshire
Contact:

Re: The Observer's Book of Coarse Fishing by Peter Wheat.

Post by Tonytoned » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:03 pm

Shaun Harrison wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:43 pm
Tonytoned wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:20 pm
Shaun Harrison wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:56 pm
It would appear it was an inspiration to many of us. Here is my copy, one of the first angling books I owned.
Image
Guessing this was the cover you remembered Muskieman?
Look at those Perch. Great cover, what year was your copy published? Mine was 1977.

:read:
Sorry can't see a first published date in it.
Might be the opposite page to the preface on the left.

Image

User avatar
Keston
Chub
Posts: 1170
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:48 pm
Location: Fareham

Re: The Observer's Book of Coarse Fishing by Peter Wheat.

Post by Keston » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:06 pm

:Happy:
Image

User avatar
Tonytoned
Silver Bream
Posts: 206
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:07 am
Location: Hampshire
Contact:

Re: The Observer's Book of Coarse Fishing by Peter Wheat.

Post by Tonytoned » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:11 pm

Keston wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:06 pm
:Happy:
Image
:drool:

User avatar
Match Aerial
Brown Trout
Posts: 1309
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:16 pm

Re: The Observer's Book of Coarse Fishing by Peter Wheat.

Post by Match Aerial » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:38 am

The observers books are a great read. And a lot of the stuff is still relivent.
I have a good little selection of in my book case, The early ones are very collectable .
For me they bring back childhood memorys of the old school library.

Post Reply

Return to “Fishing Books & Magazines”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests