Look away now if you're squeamish, the DAM Robo (once tried, might just be enough)

The DAM Reels forum.
Harry
Tench

Re: Look away now if you're squeamish, the DAM Robo (once tried, might just be enough)

Post by Harry » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:56 am

given the diameter of that reel, it would make sense to run the line "over the top" to eliminate that angle/resistance as it comes off the bottom of the reel... all my pins are rigged thus.... there is also the added bonus of the line not wrapping round the reel foot... but then it's a method that suits me and not everyone else.... :Hat:
Formerly Bluelabel
Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures and memories

Lea Dweller
Arctic Char

Re: Look away now if you're squeamish, the DAM Robo (once tried, might just be enough)

Post by Lea Dweller » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:58 am

I found this really interesting Phil, like you I had wondered how these reels would perform. The reason that I wanted a bigger size drum on my reel was to improve the line retrieve rate. There are other factors involved in an ideal reel especially to use for trotting, but the Robo certainly ticks some of the boxes!

SofaSurfer
Eel

Post by SofaSurfer » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:23 am

A triumph of design over function. Yuk.

Mercman
Silver Bream

Post by Mercman » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:40 am

Phil. nice....in an understated,most unbrash way.... :Chuckle:

Bit like a 50 year old buying a Lotus Elise... :Ok:

Return to “DAM Reels”