KELLY KETTLE

This forum is for discussing Other Traditional Float Fishing Techniques.
Mushy
Arctic Char

Re: KELLY KETTLE

Post by Mushy » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:52 pm

Only tend to fire up the Volcano during long hot summer days when bites are hard to come by and usually as the sun starts going down. Afternoon tea and several cups of orange pekoe with some cherry cake make for a very pleasant interlude.
Best Fishes
Mushy

Snape
Salmon

Post by Snape » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:57 pm

Jeremy Croxall wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:17 am
I have never used river water although have often thought about it, does anyone use river water in their Kelly?
Yes. I only use river or lake water for drinking when fishing.
I use a 'Travel Tap' which allows you to drink any water that isn't salty (ie freshwater). It filters up to 1600 litres and auto shuts off when it have expired. I have tested in thoroughly and filled it with stagnant water and drink it straight from the bottle. Can't recommend it enough.

http://www.drinksafe-systems.co.uk/products.php
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing it is not fish they are after.
~Henry David Thoreau

OldTackle
Arctic Char

Post by OldTackle » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:43 pm

Snape wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:57 pm
Jeremy Croxall wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:17 am
I have never used river water although have often thought about it, does anyone use river water in their Kelly?
Yes. I only use river or lake water for drinking when fishing.
I use a 'Travel Tap' which allows you to drink any water that isn't salty (ie freshwater). It filters up to 1600 litres and auto shuts off when it have expired. I have tested in thoroughly and filled it with stagnant water and drink it straight from the bottle. Can't recommend it enough.

http://www.drinksafe-systems.co.uk/products.php
Seems to be a quite similar filtering system. I love the Sawyer due to its size. It fits into my jeans pocket if need to. The attached carbon filter (not really necessary) is a bit bulky but still smaller than a fishing reel. The filter itself doesn't leak, too. Looking at the pictures of the Travel tap the Sawyer seems to be a lot smaller as it only has a bag that folds small and no bottle is needed. Although LIDL standard plastic bottles do match the screwing.
< °) >>><( Christopher )><<< (° >

Return to “Other Traditional Float Fishing Techniques”